EcoForesters is a non-profit professional forestry organization dedicated to conserving and restoring our Appalachian forests through education and stewardship.
Appalachian forests are vibrant, healthy, and part of a diverse landscape that is ecologically stewarded to the benefit of current and future generations.
What sets us apart
EcoForesters straddles the worlds of conservation and active management
Our credibility comes with our desire to put the value of improving ecological benefits over all others
We connect with landowners by connecting healthy forests to their values
What We Offer
Forestland owners and local communities benefit from EcoForesters’ ability to develop and implement forest management strategies that promote future forest sustainability and resiliency. Our methods emphasize sound ecological management over other profit and production driven forest management approaches. We are actively making positive impacts on the Appalachian landscape while still helping landowners achieve their individual management objectives.
- Community – we recognize our forests are natural, renewable resources whose sound management benefits all in the community.
- Service – our team goes above and beyond to meet our clients’ and stakeholders’ needs and deliver high quality services and programs.
- Integrity – our staff is dedicated to being honest, sincere, impartial, and respectful in our actions.
- Collaboration – we work with organizations and individuals to create new, shared opportunities that benefit our forests.
- Professional Expertise– our services and programs are based on the most current forest science and practices, utilizing efficient and innovative methods, and administered by well-trained, experienced and professional individuals.
- Stewardship Planning – improve Appalachian forests by increasing the number of landowners with ecologically sound forest stewardship plans and strategies.
- Positive Impact Forestry – conserve and restore Appalachian forests by implementing and demonstrating positive impact forestry through providing natural resource consulting for forest landowners at an affordable rate.
- Combat Non-Native Invasives – deliver invasive species control services to forest landowners while also developing landscape scale strategic control of invasive species that threaten the ability of forests to sustain basic ecological function.
- Advanced Mapping & Geospatial Services – provide conservation organizations, natural resource professionals and landowners with professional and state of the art mapping and geospatial services that help them achieve their individual management objectives.
- Cutting-Edge Forestry Practices & Technology – utilize, develop and implement state of the art forestry practices and mapping technology to monitor, sustain, and promote the ecological health of Appalachian forests.
- Collaborative Efforts – collaborate with and provide services to conservation organizations, educational institutions, government agencies and natural resource professionals that share our mission and vision.
- Educate Landowners and the Public – educate the public and landowners on the degraded condition of forests, current and future forest threats, and the pervasiveness of unsustainable forest management practices, while advocating for positive impact forestry as a primary solution.
- Natural Resource Student Education – support students and young natural resource professionals by offering service-learning opportunities that will strengthen their understanding of positive forest stewardship and provide hands-on forest management experience.
- Dissemination of Forest Stewardship Knowledge – advance our understanding of sound resource management and share knowledge and experience with other natural resource professionals and organizations in order to progress the practice of positive impact forestry.