EcoForesters is a non-profit professional forestry organization dedicated to conserving and restoring our Appalachian forests.
Appalachian woodlands will be transformed into vibrant, healthy, and diverse forests by positive impact stewardship decisions for the benefit of current and future generations.
What We Offer
Forestland owners and local communities benefit from EcoForesters’ ability to develop and implement forest management strategies that promote future forest sustainability and resiliency. Our methods emphasize sound ecological management over other profit and production driven forest management approaches. We are actively making positive impacts on the Appalachian landscape while still helping landowners achieve their individual management objectives.
- Positive Impact Forestry – our forest management approach simulates natural processes, while maximizing ecosystem values and ensuring future productivity—in many cases restoring healthy forest conditions from a degraded state.
- Forest Conservation – our forests should remain forested and be protected from unsustainable forest management and conversion to residential or commercial uses.
- Natural Resource Education – our current and future natural resource managers, in addition to much of the general public, should have a sound understanding of forest conditions and the role of proactive stewardship.
- Collaboration – we believe in partnering and working with concerned citizens, landowners, conservation organizations, educational institutions, and other organizations in order to create new, synergistic opportunities that benefit our forests.
- Community – our forests are natural, renewable resources whose sound management benefits all in the community.
- Service – our team goes above and beyond to meet our clients’ and stakeholders’ needs and deliver high quality services and programs.
- Professionalism – our services and programs will be administered by only the most well-trained, experienced and professional individuals.
- Integrity – our team is committed to being honest, sincere, impartial and respectful in our actions.
- Teamwork – our team is dedicated to open, respectful communication, being supportive of each other and working co-operatively in order to achieve our mission.
- Stewardship Planning – improve Appalachian forests by increasing the number of landowners with ecologically sound forest stewardship plans and strategies.
- Positive Impact Forestry – conserve and restore Appalachian forests by implementing and demonstrating positive impact forestry through providing natural resource consulting for forest landowners at an affordable rate.
- Combat Non-Native Invasives – deliver invasive species control services to forest landowners while also developing landscape scale strategic control of invasive species that threaten the ability of forests to sustain basic ecological function.
- Advanced Mapping & Geospatial Services – provide conservation organizations, natural resource professionals and landowners with professional and state of the art mapping and geospatial services that help them achieve their individual management objectives.
- Cutting-Edge Forestry Practices & Technology – utilize, develop and implement state of the art forestry practices and mapping technology to monitor, sustain, and promote the ecological health of Appalachian forests.
- Collaborative Efforts – collaborate with and provide services to conservation organizations, educational institutions, government agencies and natural resource professionals that share our mission and vision.
- Educate Landowners and the Public – educate the public and landowners on the degraded condition of forests, current and future forest threats, and the pervasiveness of unsustainable forest management practices, while advocating for positive impact forestry as a primary solution.
- Natural Resource Student Education – support students and young natural resource professionals by offering service-learning opportunities that will strengthen their understanding of positive forest stewardship and provide hands-on forest management experience.
- Dissemination of Forest Stewardship Knowledge – advance our understanding of sound resource management and share knowledge and experience with other natural resource professionals and organizations in order to progress the practice of positive impact forestry.